The The Model M2-12R precision pick-up arm is an extension of our popular Series M2 range offering optimum cartridge choice with minimal tracking error and harmonic distortion associated with a 12 ...
The The Model M2-12R precision pick-up arm is an extension of our popular Series M2 range offering optimum cartridge choice with minimal tracking error and harmonic distortion associated with a 12 inch arm.
- The 12in construction with thin walled stainless steel tone-arm takes advantage of the reduction in maximum tracking error/distortion afforded by the greater arm length when compared with 9in models.
- S2-R Aluminum shell detachable and interchangeable without disturbing cartridge or wiring.
- Double draw-in pin bayonet fitting design ensures a rigid junction with the tone-arm.
- Unique headshell to tone-arm coupling readily allows cartridge azimuth adjustment.
- Internal constrained layer damps minute residual vibrations making tone-arm acoustically inert.
- Stainless steel cross shaft, ground and thread ground. Carried in a substantial yoke on 10mm precision ball races.
- Stainless steel vertical shaft, ground and thread ground, with integral 16mm diameter flange to couple shaft and yoke.
- 23mm diameter steel pillar, heat treated, ground and honed, carries two 17mm precision ball races, widely spaced to resist tilt.
- Anti-skate control operates through Anti-Skate weight and filament, adjustable up to 5g VTF.
- Lowering/raising control gives smooth positive action. Height of lift can be adjusted.
- Thumbwheel (Vertical tracking angle VTA) height adjustment.
- Bedplate affords +/- 12.0mm movement to facilitate (Horizontal tracking angle HTA) adjustment.
- Base slides on bedplate for horizontal tracking adjustment with double null-point protractor.
- Tungsten-alloy balance weight inserts allow maximum centre of gravity shift to balance a greater range of cartridges up to 38g in S2-R headshell and direct plug-in heads up to 46g.
- Precise vertical tracking force up to 5g applied in 0,5g increments via rider weight and graduated wayrod.
- Fluid damper FD-M2 is available as an optional extra.
- Alignment protractor designed to provide HTA settings with the greatest accuracy.
- Internal wiring in LCOFC.
- Balanced Hybrid Cable 1.2M audio lead with gold plated phono plugs.
- Effective Mass: 18.0g
- Vertical Tracking Force VTF: up to 5.0g
- Maximum Tracking Error: 0.01degrees/mm
- Null Points Inner Radius: 66.04mm
- Null Points Outer Radius: 120.90mm
- Weight, Net: 834.0g
- Audio Lead: 1.2m Balanced Hybrid Cable with Gold Plated Connectors
For serious audiophiles and vinyl lovers SME is the byword in excellence when it comes to pick-up arms. Arguably SME produce the finest precision turntable pick-up arms in the world both in terms of performance and construction. All manufacturing and processing is carried out in-house to ensure that the highest standards are maintained. Since 1959 SME has been designing, manufacturing and producing precision machined pick-up arms. Natural progression led them to create turntables as well which are produced using the same care, dedication and precision engineering. Such is their skill that they also have divisions producing precision parts for the aerospace, Formula 1 and medical sectors.
Famous the world over, SME are loved by audiophile and music enthusiasts who are looking for the best possible sound reproduction from their musical equipment. SME really are at the forefront of design and engineering and produce world beating turntables and pick-up arms.
Take a look at the SME products we have available below and order yours online today. Alternatively for more information or to discuss what products will produce the best sounding system for you get in touch with our knowledgeable team today on 01865 790 879.