Although the unique one-piece magnesium tone-arm is used for the Series 300 Model 309, advanced metal techniques produce a fabricated arm of exceptional stiffness for the Series 300 Model 310 and 312 ...
Although the unique one-piece magnesium tone-arm is used for the Series 300 Model 309, advanced metal techniques produce a fabricated arm of exceptional stiffness for the Series 300 Model 310 and 312 arms thus allowing a choice of three arm lengths to suit all decks.
- Unique pressure die-cast magnesium shell detachable and interchangeable without disturbing cartridge or wiring.
- New design clamping arrangement ensures rigid junction with tone-arm.
- Internal constrained layer damps minute residual vibrations making tone-arm acoustically inert.
- Stainless steel cross shaft, ground and thread ground. Carried in massive yoke on 10mm precision ball races. Axis at record mean level to minimise warp-wow.
- Unique assembly gives high rigidity and allows bearings to be critically adjusted before tone-arm is fitted.
- Stainless steel vertical shaft, ground and thread ground, with integral 16mm diameter flange to couple shaft and yoke.
- 23mm diameter steel pillar, heat treated, ground and honed, carries two 17mm precision ball races, widely spaced to resist tilt.
- Anti-skate control operates through tension spring and filament. Dial corresponds with VTF and has positive OFF position.
- Lowering/raising control gives smooth positive action. Height of lift can be adjusted.
- Dual-lock base provides movement control with high rigidity.
- Tungsten-alloy balance weight carried on damped two-point suspension. Extra-low inertia design assists warp riding.
- Underslung weight housing corrects centre of gravity and provides non reflective tone-arm termination.
- Swivelling, damped output socket minimises vibration transmission in sub-chassis use.
- Reference lines on tone-arm facilitate VTA setting.
- Fine adjustment of horizontal tracking angle (HTA).
- New design alignment protractor sets HTA with great accuracy.
- Cartridge leads and internal wiring LCOFC litz.
- Balanced LCOFC audio lead with gold plated phono plugs.
- Effective Mass: 309; 9.5g 310; 9.7g 312; 12.0g
- Cartridge Balance Range: 309; 6g-17g 310; 6g-17g 312; 5g-14g
- Vertical Tracking Force: 309; 0g-2.5g 310; 0g-3g 312; 0g-3g
- Net Weight: 309; 717.0g 310; 720.0g 312; 782.0g
- Pivot Stylus Distance: 309; 232.2mm 310; 238.5mm 312; 308.8mm
- Pivot Spindle Centre Distance: 309; 213.4mm 310; 222.0g 312; 295.6mm
Our designers can be justly proud of these models which offer a performance and manufacturing excellence unmatched by many more expensive models.
For serious audiophiles and vinyl lovers SME is the byword in excellence when it comes to pick-up arms. Arguably SME produce the finest precision turntable pick-up arms in the world both in terms of performance and construction. All manufacturing and processing is carried out in-house to ensure that the highest standards are maintained. Since 1959 SME has been designing, manufacturing and producing precision machined pick-up arms. Natural progression led them to create turntables as well which are produced using the same care, dedication and precision engineering. Such is their skill that they also have divisions producing precision parts for the aerospace, Formula 1 and medical sectors.
Famous the world over, SME are loved by audiophile and music enthusiasts who are looking for the best possible sound reproduction from their musical equipment. SME really are at the forefront of design and engineering and produce world beating turntables and pick-up arms.
Take a look at the SME products we have available below and order yours online today. Alternatively for more information or to discuss what products will produce the best sounding system for you get in touch with our knowledgeable team today on 01865 790 879.