Phono Box S
The Pro-Ject Phono Box S offers unrivalled performance and unique flexibility at a price that others can only envy. Thanks to Pro-Ject's extensive knowledge and history of producing budget audiophile ...
The Pro-Ject Phono Box S offers unrivalled performance and unique flexibility at a price that others can only envy. Thanks to Pro-Ject's extensive knowledge and history of producing budget audiophile products; the Phono Box S is a great combination of style, performance and value.
- Audiophile-Grade Components and Performance
- Dual-Mono Configuration
- Precise RIAA Equalization
- Switchable Subsonic Filter
- Switchable Input Impedance / Capacitance
- 4 Adjustable Gain Levels
- Load Capacities: 100, 200, 320 and 420pF
- Load Impedances: 10Ω, 100Ω, and 1KΩ 47KΩs
- Gain (MM & MC): 40, 43, 60 and 63dB
- Noise Floor: MM - 86dB (94dB - A Weighted), MC - 68dB (75dB - A Weighted)
- THD: MM - 0.01%, MC - 0.05%
- RIAA Accuracy: 20Hz - 20kHz / max. 0.4 dB
- Subsonic Filter: At 20Hz With 12dB/Octave
- Input: 1 Pair RCA / Phono Sockets
- Line-Level Output: 1 Pair RCA / Phono Sockets
- Outboard PSU: 18V / 500mA DC (UK Plug)
- Power Consumption: 18V / 80mA DC
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 103 x 36 x 104mm, 103 x 26 x 115mm (Incl. Sockets)
- Weight: 570g (Without PSU)
The dual-mono configuration, audiophile amplifier modules and polypropylene capacitors allow for a dynamic soundstage, with full transparency, analogue warmth, bass texture, detailed resolution and purity of all audible frequencies. Add to this the various impedance and gain adjustments, as well as a switchable sub-sonic filter on the rear panel, and the Phono Box S becomes the perfect phono stage for almost any modern MM or MC cartridge.
Audiophile-Grade Components and Performance
Precise RIAA Equalization
Switchable Subsonic Filter
Switchable Input Impedance / Capacitance
4 Adjustable Gain Levels
Pro-Ject is renowned for producing some of the best sounding turntables in the world for the lowest possible prices. They are often cited as being one of the key drivers behind the recent resurgence of vinyl in the UK and Europe in the early 2000’s. Products in their range are all affordably priced which goes against the common “cost-no-object” approach by other manufacturers. The goal of Pro-Ject has always been to produce products that are a reasonable price without compromising on quality or more importantly sonic performance.
Since the early days Pro-Ject has gained a name for manufacturing audiophile-grade analogue equipment that’s affordable for the many, not just the few. This approach has helped establish them as one of the best loved manufacturers of audio equipment in the world. The company was founded by genuine music lover and high-end audio distributor Heinz Lichtenegger in 1991.
Take a voyage of discovery into the world of vinyl with the Pro-Ject range of turntables and enjoy great sounding music for many years to come. Contact the team at Oxford Audio today by giving us a ring on 01865 790 879 and we’ll be happy to discuss your audio needs.