Delos Moving Coil Cartridge
An analogue LP played back with an MC cartridge can sound exceptionally good. Normally, the more cost put into the cartridge, the better the sound. However, sometimes what is required is not more cost...
An analogue LP played back with an MC cartridge can sound exceptionally good. Normally, the more cost put into the cartridge, the better the sound. However, sometimes what is required is not more cost but more clever engineering, as with the Lyra Delos.
- Type: Medium Weight, Medium Compliance, Low-Impedance Moving Coil Cartridge
- Frequency Range: 10Hz ~ 50kHz
- Channel Separation: 30dB or Better at 1kHz
- Cantilever System: Solid Boron Rod with Namiki Microridge Line-Contact Stylus (2.5um x 75 um) & One-Point Suspension, Directly Mounted to Cartridge Body
- Coil: 6-N High-Purity Copper, 8.2 ohms Internal Impedance, 9.5uH Inductance
- Output Voltage: [email protected]/sec. (CBS Test Record, Other Test Records May Alter Results)
- Compliance: Approx. 12 x 10 cm/dyne at 100 Hz
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 20 Degrees
- Cartridge Body: One-Piece Machining from Solid Aluminum Billet
- Cartridge Weight: 7.3 Grams Without Stylus Cover
- Optimal Tracking Dorce: 1.75 Grams (1.7g ~ 1.8g Acceptable)
- Recommended Loading: 91ohms ~ 47kohms (w/o Transformer), 5ohms ~ 15ohms (w/ Transformer Connected to 47kohm MM-Level RIAA Input)
The Delos solves this problem with a new body structure and pre-angled damping system. The pre-angled dampers work together with the angle of the body structure so that, when tracking force is applied, the signal coils are optimally aligned with the magnet circuit. The Delos also has a microridge stylus for outstanding tracking, a non-parallel solid metal body for low resonances, and nude construction for greater clarity. The result is clearly improved sound quality, particularly resolution, dynamic range, transient impact and immediacy.
LYRA phono cartridges are manufactured in Japan and cater to the high-end audio marketplace with their products being engineered to an extremely high standard. All of their cartridges are based on the designs of American engineer Jonathan Carr with the cartridges being developed by Japanese master craftsman Yoshinori Mishima. Since 1985 the company has been producing some of the best phono cartridges in the world and it is their attention to detail that makes LYRA phono cartridges so special.
All of LYRA’s cartridges are built by the team in Japan from the ground up and under the watchful guidance of Stig Bjorge, Yoshinori Mishima and Jonathan Carr. Their mission is to create products that are long lasting, feature ideal materials and utilise advanced engineering to create cartridges which offer exceptional levels of transparency and dynamic contrast.
Every detail of each LYRA product is thought through and executed with extreme care. LYRA is also one of the few audio companies with truly original design and development capability which helps it to stay at the top of the industry. So if you’re looking to create the ultimate home audio system speak with us today to find out more about the LYRA range of phono cartridges.