Nothing demonstrates Ortofon's long-standing resilience more than its commitment to the refinement of analogue sound quality and its continued development of new cartridge models. Since 1948 Ortofon ...
Nothing demonstrates Ortofon's long-standing resilience more than its commitment to the refinement of analogue sound quality and its continued development of new cartridge models. Since 1948 Ortofon have introduced about 100 different moving coil models, with their latest being the Quintet Series.
- A special ABS (Acrylonitrile/Butadiene/Styrene) thermoplastic material is used for manufacturing of the body. This light-weight, impact resistant material is very suitable for injection-moulding and provides a very durable scratch resistant surface.
- Neodymium magnets are implemented to achieve an optimal output.
- Low internal impedance makes the cartridge less sensitive to load and therefore ensures compatibility with the widest range of preamps and transformers.
- Output Voltage (at 1kHz, 5cm/sec): 0.3mV
- Channel Balance at 1kHz: <1.2dB
- Channel Separation at 1kHz: >23dB
- Channel Separation at 15kHz: >15dB
- Frequency Range (at -3dB): 20 Hz - 25 kHz
- Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz: ± 1.5dB
- Tracking Ability at 315Hz: 80μm
- Compliance, Dynamic, Lateral: 15μm / mN
- Stylus Type: Nude Fine Line
- Stylus Tip Radius r / R: 8 / 40μm
- Tracking Force Range: 2.1 - 2.5g (21 - 25mN)
- Recommended Tracking Force: 2.3g (23mN)
- Tracking Angle: 20º
- Internal Impedance / DC Resistance: 5Ω
- Recommended Load Impedance: >20Ω
- Cartridge Body Material:
- Cartridge Colour: Bronze
- Cartridge Weight: 9g
Ortofon believe the cartridges in this new series are more than worthy successors to the long line of models that have made Ortofon the global leader in the manufacturing and supplying of phono cartridges.
The slim profile of its Nude Fine Line diamond stylus will track even the highest frequency information, making it a must for discerning listeners. Additionally its larger footprint ensures reduced distortion and record wear. The MC Quintet Bronze adds even more details and resolution but in a very even handed way that pays respect to all elements. Classical music will be reproduced with power and open space around every instrument. All types of music will be expressed with the highest accuracy, precision and dynamics.
The MC Quintet Series is congruent with Ortofon’s unrelenting commitment to providing the most precise and accurate reproduction possible without colouration.
Ortofon are a Danish manufacturer of high quality moving coil and moving magnet phono cartridges that have been in business since 1918. Their cartridges and diamond tip styluses are designed to help you get the very best from your vinyl collection, giving an accurate sound reproduction. Focused on creating not just the best sound but a faithful representation of the recording, Ortofon’s range of phono cartridges are a great choice for vinyl lovers.
With a history dating back to 1918, Ortofon has been developing phono cartridges since 1948 and since then has manufactured over 300 different cartridge models. From high end moving coil cartridges such as the Cadenza Black to modern classics such as the 2M Blue, Ortofon offers an extremely diverse range of cartridges to suit a huge range of budgets.
Whether you prefer moving coil or moving magnet cartridges, you’ll be well served by Ortofon. Browse our selection of Ortofon cartridges below and get in touch with our team for further information or to discuss your vinyl needs.