Top end of the METRONOME TECHNOLOGIE products, the KALISTA Ultimate CD Transport with its separate ELEKTRA power supply is today the high class component which permits to obtain an unmatched level in ...
Top end of the METRONOME TECHNOLOGIE products, the KALISTA Ultimate CD Transport with its separate ELEKTRA power supply is today the high class component which permits to obtain an unmatched level in terms of harmonic realism, dynamic and 3D sound spatialization.
Pick up mechanism:
Philips CDM12 PRO 2 v 6.8 with METRONOME TECHNOLOGIE
proprietary modifications and new plexiglass/stainless steel
Upsampler (44.1/96kHz) :
Dynamic range capacity : 175dB
Distortion : -140 dB max
Internal operating mode : 32 bits
Digital output Resolution signal : 24 bits
- S/PDIF 75 Ohms RCA connector
- AES/EBU 110 Ohms XLR connector
- ATT/ST fiber glass output
Silent base support :
- 60 mm thick Perpex® platform relied on 3 independent stainless
- Steel ball feet and a specific aluminum cylinder.
Elektra power supply:
- Specific AC filters. 3 main high quality toroidal transformers and
- 6 separate and independent regulation lines.
- Full metal remote control, specially designed by Metronome
- Technologie and available in two colors, silver or black.
- One set of Delrin cones ( 3 units magnetizable ).
- 100 V or 120/240 V - 50/60 Hz
Power consumption :
Dimensions & Weight :
- Kalista transport unit (WxHxD):450 x 135 x 460 mm Weight : 24 kg
- Silent base support (WxHxD):450 x 90 x 415 mm Weight : 14 kg
- Elektra power supply (WxHxD):450 x 105 x 435 cm Weight : 15 kg
- Kalista Stand (WxHxD):450 x 530 x 415 mm Weight : 30 kg
Main Highlights and Design Features
The Philips CDM 12 Pro 2 metal chassis has been significantly customized by METRONOME TECHNOLGIE and provides a stable foundation to very accurately capture the signal.
The Perpex® and stainless steel clamp and the proprietary shaft designed by METRONOME TECHNOLGIE permit a better stability of the CD and consequently to reproduce the best possible sound with a low jitter.
Continuous ground link from the disc surface to the electrical earth permits the dissipation of static electricity for better working conditions of electronic and optical components.
A switchable upsampling device delivers 24 bit/96 kHz signal to the D/A converter.
The Elektra separate power supply with individual power transformers and completely independent regulation lines for each critical part of the transport - display, servo mechanism, motor, digital output stage - provides an inter-stage EMI/RFI radiation protection and insures a dynamic analog-like sound quality. It also permits to mechanically isolate the sensitive electronic components from the vibration induced by the transformers.
Kalista may come with a series of options, such as a magnificent tripod stand as well as customizations.
Metronome Technologie is a French audiophile company founded in 1987, credited with the development of a wide range of high-end audio products such as CD players, CD transports and digital to analogue converters. The products are designed by a team led by Dominique Giner.The main objective of Metronome is to access to the best sound that digital technology can provide, applying the most advanced technological expertise available.