With its sculpted acrylic structure similar to the well known Kalista CD transport, the Calypso CD Transport is the entry point of the Calypso/Kalista CD Transport series developed by METRONOME ...
With its sculpted acrylic structure similar to the well known Kalista CD transport, the Calypso CD Transport is the entry point of the Calypso/Kalista CD Transport series developed by METRONOME TECHNOLOGIE.
Pick up mechanism:
- Philips CDM12 PRO 2 v 6.8 with METRONOME TECHNOLOGIE
- Proprietary modifications and new clamp (PMMA
- "PolyMethylMethAcrylate" & stainless steel).
- Dynamic range capacity : 175dB
- Distortion : -140 dB max
- Internal operating mode : 32 bits
- Digital output Resolution signal : 24 bits
- S/PDIF 75 Ohms RCA connector
- AES/EBU 110 Ohms XLR connector
- ATT/ST optical fiber output
- 5 transformers and 7 separate and independent regulation lines.
- Full metal remote control, specially designed by Metronome
- Technologie and available in two colors, silver or black.
- One set of Delrin cones ( 3 units magnetizable ).
- 100 - 120/240 VAC - 50/60 Hz.
- Power consumption: 30VA.
Dimensions & Weight:
- Calypso transport unit (WxHxD): 450 x 150 x 460 mm Weight : 23 kg
- Power supply (WxHxD): 450 x 75 x 400 mm Weight : 10 kg
Main Highlights and Design Features :
The Philips CDM 12 Pro 2 metal chassis has been significantly customized by METRONOME TECHNOLGIE and provides a stable foundation to very accurately capture the signal.
The PMMA and stainless steel clamp and the proprietary shaft specially designed by METRONOME TECHNOLOGIE permit a better stability of the CD and consequently to reproduce the best possible sound with a low jitter.
Continuous ground link from the disc surface to the electrical earth permits the dissipation of static electricity for better working conditions of electronic and optical components.
A switchable upsampling device delivers 24 bit/96 kHz signal to the D/A converter.
The power supply with individual power transformers and completely independent regulation lines for each critical part of the transport display, servo mechanism, micro-processor, digital output stage - provides an inter-stage EMI/RFI radiation protection and insures a dynamic analog-like sound quality.
The Calypso CD Transport can be upgraded upon request with a higher quality Elektra power supply.
The optional 40mm thick Perpex® support insures the dissipation of vibrations in both horizontal and vertical directions
Metronome Technologie is a French audiophile company founded in 1987, credited with the development of a wide range of high-end audio products such as CD players, CD transports and digital to analogue converters. The products are designed by a team led by Dominique Giner.The main objective of Metronome is to access to the best sound that digital technology can provide, applying the most advanced technological expertise available.